Excellence in Nanoscience Education for MENA Region (XNEM)
In accordance to XNEM project funded by TEMPUS, we have developed two masters programs in Nanotechnology; M.Sc. in Nanosciences and M.Eng. in Nanoengineering. Both programs consist of 36 credit hours earned by course and practical work. Both programs have been established to meet the expectation of both the students and governmental authorities. The programs are interdisciplinary allowing the enrollment of students from diverse backgrounds.
The credits are divided as follows:
- 12 credit hours of four core courses, compulsory and common for both masters programs.
- 12 credit hours of four elective courses chosen by the student in regards to the relevance to field of practical work.
- 12 credit hours for the research thesis.
The programs are designed for 2 years postgraduate studies and scheduled to run as follows:
- 4 core courses during first semester (compulsory)
- 4 Electives during the second semester
- One academic year for thesis practical work with research stay (3-6 months) at one of the European partner universities.